- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 Bay leaves
- 2 cups Carrots
- 3 stalks Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Parsley, fresh
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 Yellow onion, medium
- 6 cups Chicken broth
Pasta & Grains
- 2 cups Wide egg noodles (No Yoke brand egg noodles)
Baking & Spices
- 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Oils & Vinegars
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup Water
1. In a 6 quart crockpot place whole chicken breasts on the bottom and top with , carrots, onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, thyme and bay leaf.
2. Next add in chicken broth, water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. I used 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 7 hours.
3. Remove cooked chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces. Place chicken back in to the crockpot. Now add in egg noodles and parsley.
Cover and cook just until noodles are tender, 5-10 minutes.