- 1 tsp Better than bullion chicken base
- 3 Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 15 ounce can Corn, white
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 4.5 ounce can Green chiles
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 15.5 ounce cans White beans (Low Sodium canned beans)
- 1 14.5 ounce can Chicken broth (Swanson’s Low Sodium)
Baking & Spices
- 1 dash Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned salt (Kosher salt or Sea Salt)
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
Nuts & Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp Butter (Country Crock)
- 1 cup Milk (1% or 2% milk)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream (Daisy’s Light Sour Cream)
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a crockpot, and add chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chicken broth, green chiles, corn and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before serving: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, and allow to bubble and brown a bit. After a few minutes, gradually whisk in the milk and chicken base.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes, whisking frequently until it is slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into crockpot and mix to combine.
- Add sour cream and mix.
- If chicken has not already shredded with stirring, take out large pieces, shred them with two forks, and return to the crockpot.
- Let the chicken chili cook on low 1 more hour if you can.
(Recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen)