Everyone is busy these days and it can be hard to find healthy options when you’re on the go. It’s been a struggle but I’ve found some healthy alternatives that I love to make and they’re filling too!!
Fruit and yogurt parfaits
- Yogurt of your choice (I like Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt but choose whichever you like best)
- Fruit of your choice (my favorite combo is bananas, strawberries and blueberries)
- Granola (my favorite is Mason St. Bakehouse granola or you can make your own)
- I layer the yogurt then fruit add a little honey and granola on top then continue to layer as much or as little as you want. The best part is you can change your toppings to fit your mood!
I posted previously about my overnight oats but just as a reminder if you didn’t read my last post here’s how I make them. They’re easy to make ahead and it’s great for breastfeeding mothers. Plus it tastes great too!
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (Bob’s Red Mill is my go to)
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (I like almond milk)
- Fruit or nut topping of your choice
This is another recipe where you can be creative and put whatever toppings and fruit you like in it. Below is a great chart to help get you started from the producemom.com:
I love to add just the basics: bananas, peanut butter and honey is my usual overnight oat of choice mix.
Hope these recipes help you make some good choices for future snacking!